In spite of being out of town three days this past week, I’ve continued to move forward on the tack room construction. The drywall guys finished up Wednesday morning, and in the meantime I’ve finished staining and applying two coats of polyurethane to the wall paneling.
I did not get a chance to really dig into installing the wall paneling until Friday, and was disappointed to have to stop at the end of the day. It always seems like I always have just a little too much planned to get done each day when reality rears its ugly head. My mind is more ambitious than my skill or the time allowed, I think!
Yesterday I made good progress all day long, but by the time it started to get dark and I had to stop to take care of the horse chores, I was zonked and starting to feel a little sore throat coming on. By the middle of the night it was so sore it was waking me up. Hopefully I’ll be off and running again tomorrow!
The next step was to get the saddles off the top of the cupboard, and install a thin panel behind where the cupboard will go. That meant taking time to properly install three saddle racks on the finished portion of the wall. When it’s finished, three more racks will go on the other side of the window.
I chose thin 1/4″ paneling behind the cupboard to give us a small amount of wiggle room with the items we’ll be storing in here. Some of the brush boxes and helmets are just a hair over 12″ deep and this way they’ll still fit, while allowing us to use this cupboard we already had instead of having to purchase something deeper.
That’s it for this week! I didn’t get include a photo of my daughter Cecily painting the drywall, but she’s started that. I hope my next update will mean showing off all the paneling on the walls, all the painting finished, and maybe some of the wood trim installed, too. Thanks for stopping by and sharing the progress with me!